Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Re-cap


This Thanksgiving we had some of the family out and in usual Mimi fashion, I went all out all weekend.  I pretty much had some sort of food plan for each day they were here.  I go pretty crazy over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I plan ahead...FAR AHEAD.  I have a binder and in that binder are recipes that have been successful, previous menus, and room for new menus and shopping lists.
The above photo is the delicious sticky buns that I made from a recipe in Cooking Light.  My plan for this post is to share my favs from the weekend and maybe you will make them too.   The holiday season is just beginning - so these recipes will be great from now until the new year!

Spiced Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze  - the photo above.  This was very easy to make and they kept well as day olds.




This was a Graham Cracker Crust Pumpkin Pie with Marshmallow Meringue.  The original recipe is from Bon Appetit, but they made it with Sweet Potatoes.  You can go either way.  I followed the recipe for the crust and the meringue but filled it with pumpkin.  It was a great way to eat pumpkin pie and a good change from the norm.  Click here for the recipe!


Since I didn't take a picture of my stuffing that I made - I robbed it from Bon Appetit: Spinach, Fennel, and Sausage Stuffing.  I did make this, but substituted the sausage for a chicken and roasted red pepper sausage from Trader Joes. I also went all out and made the Brioche.   It turned out awesome!  I also fried it up the next day and added an egg over easy to the top - made for a dang delicious breakfast. 

Until the next time...Turkey Noodle Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment