Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chocolate-Triple Hazelnut Truffles - Gluten Free

Chocolate-Hazelnut Truffles
I'm a bit behind on my posting. I have so much stuff stored in my photo files and my little kitchen notebook that I will have content for the next 3 months...I just have to actually post it!

In the above photo are Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles that I made around Christmas. Yes, Christmas. They were part of a trio of gluten free treats that I made for the holidays. And believe me, I do realize that was 6 months ago, but better late than never. Besides, you can make these treats anytime.

I got this recipe from Cooking Light and I when I made it, I did NOT have Frangelico. I had some hazelnut flavoring and Kahlua, so I used mostly Kahlua and a bit of hazelnut flavoring. I, as usual, eyeballed it. As for the chocolate, I used dark chocolate because I prefer it. I also used a melon baller. It makes for uniform sized balls. HA! In any event, they turned out de-lish!

Go forth and try it out!

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella) 
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)...I actually have used Kahlua
  • 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • Dash of salt (if you want it a bit saltier, sprinkle 1 tsp coarse sea salt in after chocolate melts and has cooled a minute and then poor into a shallow dish)
  • 5 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped (I used dark chocolate only because I like it better)
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped salted hazelnuts, toasted
Preparation

Combine the first 6 ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water until chocolate melts (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a shallow dish. Let stand at room temperature 6 hours or up to overnight.
Scoop about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture with a spoon. (Or use a melon baller - that's my favorite way) Dredge in nuts; roll into a ball. Repeat procedure with remaining chocolate mixture and nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment