Saturday, January 22, 2011

From the actual Cook Book....Appetizer Section

OK, here it goes. I am actually doing this!

I can’t have a dinner party or any kind of party with out having appetizers.
This is a fact about me that almost everyone knows that has come to dinner or a party at my home: I am NEVER on time. I really want to be on time with dinner. I REALLY do. But there is some kind of force of nature that does not allow me to be on time. That is why I always make appetizers. At least when my guests arrive I have something to feed them. They have to have something to eat! I always have something for them to drink and I’ll be damned if their drunk before dinner!
Tip from Michelle: Serve appetizers if you don’t want your guests drunk before dinner.

Curried Shrimp

Ingredients
1 pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tbls butter
1 tbls Yellow Curry Powder
1 tbls Garlic finely chopped
2 tspn minced fresh Ginger
1/4 cup Rice Wine

In a medium skillet or sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter but do not let it separate. Add the garlic and mince ginger and saute it for about 1 minute. Add the curry and wine, frequently stirring until smooth.

Add the shrimp, folding the shrimp into the sauce and frequently shaking the pan for 5 minutes until the shrimp are pink and firm. Serve immediately with sliced pita bread or baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment