Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Left Overs

I kept the left over chicken and it's bones, and made stock with it. I originally was going to just keep it for stock, but I was not in the mood to make dinner - so stock became Chicken Soup.

I put all of the left over chicken in a stock pot, covered the whole thing with water. In goes, 1 teaspoon of salt, couple pinches of pepper, a couple of chopped up carrots, a couple of chopped up celery, 1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, oregano, wrapped up with kitchen twine), and 1 chopped up onion. I even like to throw a 1/2 cup of White wine if I have it or if I just so happen to be drinking it while I am cooking...

I turn the burner onto Medium and cover the pot and let it go for about an hour.

This last chicken soup consisted of carrots, celery, whole wheat egg noodles, and mixed chard (swiss chard, kale, red chard). I cut up a whole bunch and added it to by soup broth... now this is after I strained the broth and separated bones from meat and threw the meat back into the broth.

OR just keep the broth for chicken stock... to use in other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment