Thursday, April 7, 2011

Inspiration.


Inspiration can be fleeting and difficult and frustrating for creative people. There can be dry spells that last for years... well for me, it has been years. I wouldn't say that it has been a COMPLETE dry spell. I have been creating great food and really putting a lot of my creative energy in the kitchen. But I have been lacking in the fine arts department for, what seems like, an eternity. I have not picked up a paint brush in...years. Upwards of 5 years. That is depressing.

Why? It is a host of things. I do attribute it, in part, to a lack of inspiration. But it is spring and a change is coming. I've been gearing up and preparing for it. I bought a new easel and some paint. I have canvases all over the damn place. I will buy more. I have a plan. I bought an iPhone and bizarrely have really loved taking photos with it. That has partly been inspiring. I have also been inspired by a these little angels that have recently come into my life. They are... adorable. They have also made me realize that inspiration is everywhere...

3 comments:

  1. yes, inspiration is everywhere! i agree, it is time for you to to paint again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go forth and paint! (you were a little angel who came into my life once upon a time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I like that Chauna - thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete