Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cooking from Recipes: Creamy Tomato Soup



Creamy Tomato Soup dusted with Parmesan cheese




OK. I kind of flaked out for a week or so. I will not make excuses, but I will say that I warned you about the possibility.

I made this Creamy Tomato soup on October 19th. My friend Rob came to visit and I decided to make a nice soup and served it with "adult" grilled cheese. With the seasons changing, the leaves falling, and the nice crisp cool air - it called for soup! The recipes were all from the October issue of Bon Appetit. The photos in the magazine were so much more appealing looking than my photos above, especially the photos of the varieties of grilled cheese. 

This recipe was great. It was fast, easy, and delicious. The only change I made was that I added 4 fresh diced Roma tomatoes to the recipe. I don't really know if it made a difference, but it turned out. It was creamy and had a bit of a...tanginess...as Damon says. In any event, I think it's an excellent recipe to try.

Creamy Tomato Soup from Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment