Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cooking from Recipes: Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs

Bacon wrapped chicken thighs with sauteed kale

I haven't completely flaked out yet, just delayed a bit.  I have been keeping up with cooking though. Not everyday like I planned, because my life gets in the way and I get side tracked.

Last Thursday I made another paleo dish, bacon wrapped chicken thighs. To be completely honest with you, I didn't love it. Damon thought it was OK. He didn't hate it, mostly because it was wrapped in bacon - or that is what I think. I did follow the directions, but for some reason it was...bland. I don't know exactly what it was that I didn't like, but it was something. I think you can judge for yourself.

I served it with sauteed kale. It was nothing special, just sauteed in a tablespoon or 2 of butter, a couple of cloves of minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and a couple dashes of red wine vinegar. That's my go to kale recipe.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs
4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
8 slices of bacon
2 teaspoons Smokey Spice Blend (recipe to follow)

Smoke Spice Blend
1 tablespoon chipotle powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Sprinkle the chicken thighs with 1/2 of the of spice blend. Next wrap in chicken with 2 pieces of bacon each and then sprinkle the other 1/2 of the spice blend over the wrapped chicken. Bake for 40 minutes, uncovered, or until internal temp is 165 degrees F. If you feel that the bacon is not browned enough or crispy looking enough, broil the chicken for 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment