Monday, October 15, 2012

Cooking From Recipes: Pork Chops w/Olive Tapenade and Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes

Pork Chops with Olive Tapenade and Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes

I am doing this! For how long? Who knows! So, my suggestion is to keep up with it while it lasts because I might flake out after a week. But really, I am trying to be serious about posting the recipes that I try.  I am also trying to be serious about using my gym membership. Maybe this thing can go hand in hand? Again, who knows! I did run today and go to Pilate's...

The above photo is Pork Chops with Olive Tapenade and Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes.  The pork chop recipe is a bit of an adaptation. The original recipe comes for the book Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo and calls for lamb chops. Well, I got lazy and didn't go searching out the best lamb chop - so I figured it would go well with pork chops and I was right!  Now the broccoli and potatoes...I just roasted them. It didn't come from a recipe. My husband, Damon, liked the pork chops quite a lot. He liked the broccoli OK, it's a challenge for him to really love veggies.  I like the veggies - but then again, I love broccoli and potates!  I really liked the chops, the olive tapenade really did kick ass and made it super tasty! I encourage you to try it. 

Lamb Chops with Olive Tapenade (or use pork chops like me!)
2 tablespoons bacon fat or coconut oil
2 lbs lamb chops (or pork chops bone in)
1 tablespoon Greek Spice Blend (recipe to follow)

Greek Spice Blend
2 tablespoons Lemon Salt
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper

Olive Tapenade (can be made ahead 1 day)
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons capers
1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
Julie of 1/2 lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In an oven safe pan over medium heat, melt the bacon fat or coconut oil. While the pan heats, sprinkle both sides of the lamb or pork chops with the Greek Spice Blend.  Sear the lamb chops for 2 minutes on each side (if you are using pork chops do 4 minutes each side).  Next place the entire pan in the hot oven for 2 minutes (if you are using the pork chops do 4 minutes).  Remove chops from the oven.

To make the tapenade: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or hand blender. Top each lamb chop with a dollop of tapenade.  

Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
1 pound of broccoli, florets cut from the thick stalk
5 red, Yukon, and/or purple baby potatoes quartered
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Cover a jelly roll pan with tin foil. Combine above ingredients and bake on the jelly roll pan for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment