Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cooking from Recipes: A Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie made by my sister, Jenny

It's been a really long time since I have posted anything to this blog and I really don't have an excuse. I guess it must be life, it gets in my way sometimes. I do have a plan to keep my posting on track. I have been talking with my friend about cooking from recipes. I have all of these magazine subscriptions and cookbooks and I think it makes sense to cook from the recipes within them. I do really like "freestyle" cooking and making new things up, but sometimes it is great to cook from recipes. The magazines I subscribe to and the cookbooks that I own have really great recipes, ideas, and techniques.  I mean, that is why I have them...right? So, for a while I think I am going to share with you the recipes that I have tried and to start, I am going to post a recipe that my sister tried. 

My sister, Jenny, she is quite the baker.  Her cookies always turn out way better, softer, and far more delicious than mine. Now that she has 2 kids, she has to find ways to get them to eat healthy - and sometimes she will sneak in vegetables to baked goods! Recently, she sent me a photo of some healthier, whole wheat cookies that she baked from a recipe in the October Cooking Light.  When she tried the dough, she was a bit unsure as to how they were going to turn out - BUT once they came out of the oven she said they were delicious! If you want to try out a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is lower in calories without sacrificing that yummy taste - try these cookies! 
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment